Nurturing creative teams under lockdown is hard - creative people work best surrounded by others. So how the hell do leaders manage creative teams remotely? We know you're all sick to death of Covid-19 podcasts, but Greentarget's Jeff Watt and Dafina Grapci-Penney bring new ideas. This is an excellent listen!
Key podcast takeaways
- More senior staff aren't experiencing the same discomfort and isolation as career starters
- Regular video contact and scheduled calls bind the team. Do minimum two team calls a week; a look forward on Monday and a look back on Friday
- Leaders need to be active members of their teams, not aloof
- Trust your teams and let them work flexi-hours. Focus on outcomes not hours
- Start planning and communicating what 'back to workplace' might look like. Think hybrid models
- Client relationships should be strengthened if teams do lockdown well
If you'd like to appear on Marketing Trek, please get in touch. We're always looking for guests with original, challenging and inspiring viewpoints.