By 2024, that's going to double. Podcasting is popular among listeners and advertisers alike, but of course, there's more to audio than podcasting.
In 2020, there were 4.2 billion digital voice assistant devices like Siri or Alexa being used and over 20 hours a week of live radio, is listened to by 89% of the UK population. These stats tell us it's a boom time for audio.
With more advertisers creators, users and listeners entering the world of audio all the time, how should brands and companies go about getting their message heard? To find out, I spoke to three experts in audio.
- Voice search for shopping is estimated to be worth $40 billion by the end of 2022.
- Podcasting is projected to reach 2 billion in ad revenue by the end of 2020.
- Audio branding is using sound to define or reinforce a company's identity.
- When done right, audio branding can go almost unnoticed.
- Brands and companies need to begin utilizing voice as a tool, both for advertising and for building relationships with listeners.