With global responsibility for social and digital activation at Standard Chartered bank, Duarte talks about social, listening, brand marketing and more.
In this episode, you will hear how to:
- Harness customer feedback on social media for invaluable market research and improved product offerings.
- Strike the perfect harmony between performance marketing and brand marketing to weather economic storms unscathed.
- Appreciate the contribution of marketing as an integral function to help achieve cohesive business goals.
- Learn the art of ROI tracking to confidently illustrate marketing’s value to decision-makers.
- Establish a foundation for enduring brand success and forging relationships that ensure a prosperous future.
About The Guest
Duarte sees Marketing as an all-encompassing, ever-changing discipline - and has forged his career to mirror the industry. From Chef, to Gardener, to Reporter and now Digital Marketer, his past roles have provided him with a deep understanding of art, science, culture, and society.
He spent years travelling the world to better understand people, and is now focused in showing the importance of social media in building brand and reputation while feeding the bottom line. Over the course of his Digital career, he has moved from Big Media, to FMCG, and Financial Services at companies like Sky Plc, Philip Morris International, Coca-Cola HBC, and Standard Chartered Bank.
In his continued pursuit of knowledge, he has since completed studies in B2B Growth at Northwestern Kellogg and Digital Marketing, CX, and Analytics at Columbia University and INSEAD and is a recognised Chartered Marketer by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). He currently sits as Global Head of Social and Omnichannel at Standard Chartered Bank, where he oversees a team of digital superstars, content creators, and social media champions.
He is also Corporate Advisor to Sustainability Teach Startup Handprint. In his spare time, he is a father of two - a young girl and a Tibetan Terrier. He still enjoys comic-books, has found purpose in mindfulness and mindful eating, and has taken on skateboarding too late for it to be cool or safe.
Websites: Marketing Difference