While some businesses are cutting or pausing their marketing budgets, ambitious companies can seize the opportunity to adapt and invest, positioning themselves for growth when the market recovers.
In this episode, Perspective Pictures' founder, Rupert Rixon, highlights the importance of bravery and ambition during a recession. He tells the story of his remarkable COVID-19 lockdown, when he continued to invest in marketing, even with a rise in cost per lead from £300 to £2,000. Rixon's forward-thinking attitude encourages marketers to focus on building awareness rather than over-focusing on short-term metrics. It's what he did, setting up the business for success when the lockdown ended.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Grasp the essential role of creativity and uplifting leadership in navigating the stormy seas of a recession.
- Gain insights into businesses who prospered by staying true to themselves and venturing into the realm of unconventional marketing.
- Recognise the potential rewards of channeling resources into marketing even when the economy takes a hit.
- Explore the irresistible allure of storytelling and individuality when it comes to capturing the attention of your audience.
- Harness the power of transcending boundaries and taking creative leaps with your marketing endeavours.
Things to think about
- Check out the tank ad that helped scale the business on Facebook.
- Hire a freelancer to create a video ad for your business.
- Invest in exciting elements to include in your video to capture audience attention.
- Use direct and specific language in your sales pitch to potential clients.
- Consider revisiting and updating successful ads to increase their value over time.
- Visit the company website to view their portfolio and learn more about their services.
- Contact the company to inquire about video production services for your business.
About Rupert Rixon
Meet Rupert Rixon, an impressive entrepreneur who has carved out his own share of the video production market with his unique and innovative approach to digital video production. Rupert's journey began when he started his own company seven years ago, right from his parents' garden shed.
Fast forward to today, and he's working with big names like Red Bull and Lululemon, as well as loads of exciting startups. Rupert's fearless attitude towards pushing creative boundaries has led to some incredible marketing campaigns, like standing on top of a plane while delivering lines for an ad. His dedication to making a lasting impression has certainly paid off, as his company continues to grow and thrive.
LinkedIn: Rupert Rixon | Dom Hawes
Web: Perspective Pictures
Other links: Vimeo | YouTube | Facebook | TikTok | Instagram